Search This Blog

Thursday, 29 June 2017

BCSpiritSoap is For Sale!

SENDING THIS OUT TO THE UNIVERSE TODAY FROM SALMO BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA
BC Spirit Soap began in 2004 selling at the local Nelson BC Wed. market on Josephine St. at the time.
Started off just selling good bars of olive oil soap scented only with essential oils.
From there, many other product ideas were introduced to the line, some ideas of my own, others suggestions from customers of what they would enjoy having available to purchase.
Over the years, a full panoply of products were created, such as bar hair shampoo, for human and one for dogs.
Healing salves, wild crafted locally, for skin and pain relief etc.
Body creams which became a popular face cream.
Other products such as tooth soap, lip balm, love oil, body scrubs, breath spray, misters, body oil, perfume pots, bug spray etc.
All made with natural products and essential oils.
All in glass jars and all labeled with a logo or branding as it is called.
My 13 years of making and selling the products has been at outdoor local Nelson markets, on Wed. downtown and on Sat. at the Cottonwood Falls mkt.
I then do indoor Christmas markets until Christmas.
I did not get my product in to local shops or out of town shops , there have been many over the years who wanted to sell them, but I did not go in that direction as I was alone in the endeavor, and did not feel like expanding that way.
Were I to have taken on a partner I would have gone that route in retrospect.
For me the enjoyment was the outdoors, creating new recipes, sourcing out where to purchase jars, ingredients etc.
I would take off the winter mos. of Jan and Feb and then begin making soap to cure in March, to cure before the markets began again mid April , now they begin much later in May.
For my 7 mos. of doing 2 markets weekly and the Christmas faires, depending on how many faires I booked in to and how many markets I attended, my average net sales were
2012 - 9,829.90
2013- 9,954,52
2014- 9,283.95
2015-8,500.00
2016- 6,358.00
I took more time off in 2016 to vacation  and did not book in to as many venues for the fall and winter fairs, as I am now older and collecting some other funds.
Purchasing the little cottage industry, would include any supplies I have, that being essential oils, oils, pots, jars, soap ingredients, etc.
I would include the recipes of all the products over the years that I have made and some I no longer make as well as teach the buyer(s) how to make the recipes .
I would include the list of suppliers over the years for all the product ingredients .
The labeling is all on file at a local printing company which I have used for years and who are reputable and good at it.
My hope is to see BC Spirit Soap continue on as it is a good natural body care and high end soap product line.
There are many locals who buy the product and want to see it continue on as well.
THERE IS GREAT POTENTIAL FOR AN AMBITIOUS YOUNG PERSON(S) TO TAKE THE INVENTORY IN TO LOCAL STORES AND DEVELOP A BETTER WEBSITE( AND ONLINE SALES) THAN THE EXISTING WEBSITE.
I have not ever figured out the price per ingredient within the products, I just made the product, intuited what the sale price should be , and kept the pricing affordable for locals.
I just subtracted my ingredients from my gross sales to get my net income.
I have enjoyed very much doing my own thing, the outdoor markets, the making of the product etc. and someone new can invent and create their own products along the way as well.
So that is what I can share about the soap biz, should you have any other questions just email me or call.
I am asking a low price of $13,000.00 dollars because I am soon to retire and would love someone to have the opportunity to carry on and take BC Spirit Soap to an new level.
Cheers
Linda Buffy 

http://www.bcspiritsoap.com/









No comments:

Post a Comment